We all know that cucumbers are nutritious and have lots of vitamins that are good for our bodies. However, if you think that they are only good in salad then think again! Here are five uses for cucumber that may surprise you:
- No more smelly breath! Did you eat garlic in your lunch? No worries! Get a slice of fresh cucumber and press it on the top of your mouth for 30 seconds. There is a photochemical in cucumber, which helps to remove the bacteria in your mouth, which cause bad breath.
- Put it on your eyes: Had a bad night’s sleep? Putting fresh slices of cucumber on your eyes can help make them less puffy and reduce dark circles. It is also very cooling and relaxing. It will help you to look and feel more awake!
- Shine your shoes: Imagine you are in a rush, and then you realize your shoes are dirty! No problem! You can cut a slice of cucumber and rub it over your shoes to make them nice and shiny. It will even help to make them water repellent too!
- Turn your bathroom into a spa: Not many people know this, but if you rub cucumber on your bathroom window it will stop it getting foggy after your shower. The added bonus? Your bathroom will also smell nice and fresh and just like a spa!
- Keep the pests off your flowers: If the slugs and bugs are eating the flowers in your garden, cucumber can help! Put slices of cucumber in an aluminium tray in your garden. Cucumber and aluminium react to make a scent that bugs don’t like but we can’t smell!
Watch a video
What is your favourite vegetable/ fruit? What are some of it’s health benefits.
Like to read more
The opinions and other information contained in www.oxfordculturemania.es blog posts and comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of Oxford University Press.